Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Baby Boat Quilt

Encouraged by the paper piecing success of the panda bear and farm quilts, I decided to do another quilt! This one is for my cousin's baby boy due this summer. Each sailboat is paper pieced and is actually quite simple as there is just one part to it. Instead of making more boats, I stopped after six and decided to combine it with a nine patch using the same colors. Instead of tying the quilt I machine quilted around each square, which wasn't exactly a success, but it works. I am very happy with the end result.

Half of the boats have bright red sails.

The other half have green sails which is actually a print of peas in a pod.

A close up of the nine patch.

I love that green pea fabric so much, I decided to use it for the backing. Being a baby quilt, the back of the quilt ends up being seen nearly as often as the front side.

1 comment:

  1. dude, you are a rock star!! I am SO impressed with what a quilter you've become!! This quilt is beautiful and I LOVE your choice of fabrics!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete